Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place the user can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant material within the scholarly research domain.
The Google Scholar features allow the user to:
- Search all scholarly literature from one convenient place
- Explore related works, citations, authors, and publications
- Locate the complete document at their library or on the web
- Keep up with recent developments in any area of research
- Check who has cited the user’s publications or create a public author profile
Google Scholar aims to rank documents the way researchers do, weighing the full text of each document, where it was published, who it was written by, and how often and how recently it has been cited in other scholarly literature.